Dr. Michael Weis provides a wide variety of dental services to his patients in Hampstead, NC. With years of experience in the dental industry, Dr. Weis can easily help patients address dental health problems, repair tooth and gum damage, and improve the aesthetics of their smiles.
Visiting the dentist regularly for preventative services can prevent complex and costly dental problems from developing. Dr. Weis and his team of dental experts are also always happy to answer any questions patients have about your oral health and their services.
Our cosmetic, general, and restorative dental services are tailored to each patient’s individual needs. At Seaside Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we treat patients using high-quality technology and modern techniques for the best results possible.
Cosmetic dental solutions address aesthetic concerns and can simultaneously address dental problems:
- Invisalign: Invisalign is an alternative to metal braces that use aligners to straighten teeth over time. These aligners are made of clear and comfortable plastic that can be removed to brush and eat.
- Porcelain Veneers: Our dental veneers are made of porcelain ceramic, a material that reflects light for a natural look. Veneers are thin shells that cover the front of teeth to treat severely stained teeth or damage.
- Teeth Bonding: This alternative to dental veneers also treats tooth discoloration or damage. However, bonding uses a malleable biocompatible material to build up the tooth enamel and address chips and cracks in teeth. Dental bonding can be color-matched to blend in with a treated tooth and adjacent teeth.
- Teeth Whitening: We offer professional teeth whitening treatment to brighten patients’ smiles in just one visit to our office. Whitening teeth can help keep patients motivated to clean their smiles and maintain their brilliant results.
General dental care helps prevent future complex oral health concerns:
- Sports Mouthguards: If you or your child play contact sports, you need to get a protective sports mouthguard. Our custom sports mouthguards fit comfortably and make it easy for patients to focus on the game rather than trying to keep track of their mouthguard.
- Emergency Dentistry: Do you have sudden tooth pain? Have you knocked out a tooth? Our office provides emergency dental services to patients who require immediate restorative and cosmetic care.
- Family Dentistry: Dr. Weis is a family dentist that offers pediatric, geriatric, and adult care. His team helps parents understand how to care for their child’s smile. Dr. Weis also provides treatments for oral health problems that come with age.
- Sedation Dentistry: IV conscious sedation keeps patients conscious during their procedures without any pain. Patients with fear or anxiety benefit from this calming treatment method.
- Tooth Extractions: A tooth extraction is a procedure that is needed when a patient has severely overcrowded, infected, or impacted teeth. Although patients may think that tooth extractions are painful, they help alleviate tooth pain.
Restorative dentistry addresses missing, infected, or damaged teeth:
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are titanium posts that are inserted into the jawbone to replace missing teeth. Patients can receive single dental implants or implant-secured restorations like bridges or dentures.
- Dental Bridge: Dental bridges are dental prosthetics often attached by adjacent teeth capped with dental crowns or dental implants.
- Dental Crowns: Porcelain ceramic dental crowns provide protection and durability to weakened, broken, worn, or fractured teeth. They cover each individual tooth and are matched to the color of adjacent natural teeth.
- Full and Partial Dentures: Patients with multiple missing teeth or full arches of lost teeth can restore their smile with dentures. Some removable dentures can slip around the mouth and need messy adhesives to stay put. Whether you need partial or full dentures, we recommend dental implants for a more secure restoration.
- Periodontal Disease: Also known as gum disease, periodontitis can cause gum inflammation, bleeding gums, receding gums, and eventually tooth loss. Antibacterial rinses, scaling/root planing, and laser dentistry can help remove the bacteria that causes this disease.
- TMJ Treatment: If you have chronic migraines, jaw pain, or tooth pain, you may have TMJ. TMJ disorders can be treated with jaw exercises, custom nightguards, and orthodontics.